Freelance - Start Date - ASAP (2-3 Working Days a Week)
We are looking to employ a Junior Seamstress to help fulfil our customer orders and to construct and alter accessories and other garments. The Seamstress's responsibilities include sewing, embroidery, as well as preparing items, ironing, steaming and packing.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Accurately following existing patterns for accessories
- Using our embroidery machine (you don’t need to know how but you do need to be taught)
- Managing the embroidery process
- Labelling garments and articles and recording the alterations required
- Using irons and pressing machines to erase the creases on garments and other articles
- Assisting design and developing new products
- Proven sewing experience
- Know or willing to learn how to use Brother embroidery machine
- Sound knowledge of various fabrics and sewing techniques
- The ability to work under time constraints
- The ability to safely use different types of sewing machines
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Effective communication skills
- Exceptional team skills
- Based in London - This is not a working from home role
To apply: please send your CV to email@example.com - please only apply if you're can start immediately and are happy with the requirements above.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to those successful in proceeding to the second stage of our recruitment process.