Terms & Conditions
- This website is operated by Gigi & Olive Limited, Registered in England No. 11949572. Our postal address is: Unit LG10, The Shepherds Building, Charecroft Way, London, W140EE.
Definitions & Interpretation:
- In these terms and conditions:
- ‘our content’ means information we publish on our site.
- ‘your content’ means information you post on our site, including information about you
- ‘gigiandolive.com’ and ‘Gigi & Olive’ means Gigi & Olive Limited , Registered in England, Company Registration Number 11949572.
- ‘our site’ means our presence on the Internet at the www.gigiandolive.com;
- ‘our’, ‘we’ and ‘us’ means Gigi & Olive Limited and, where applicable, its employees, affiliates and authorised agents
- ‘products’ means the goods and/or services provided by Gigi & Olive including but not limited to our selection of fashion, jewellery and design products supplied on behalf of a range of independent brands
- ‘seller’ means the named brand, artist or individual on whose behalf we list products and sell them as their agent
- ‘use’ means use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of
- ‘user’ means any user of our site
- ‘you’ and ‘your’ include any user of our site.
Orders & Payment:
- All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. Unless otherwise stated, items on the site are in stock and available for delivery. Orders may be despatched directly by the seller or fulfilled by us on the seller’s behalf. All items, regardless of location, are sold on behalf of the seller named on the product page by us as their agent.
- We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the items that you order before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your order form. After this time, the order may still be rejected at our discretion or if the seller cannot fulfil the item for any reason. If your order is rejected or your item becomes unavailable we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you and you will be offered a full refund. Our liability and that of the seller will be limited to a full refund in this situation.
- Acceptance of your order is on the basis of the following Terms and Conditions which apply between you, us, and the seller.
- By providing us with your details to make a purchase you agree that:
- You will provide us with accurate personal information to the extent necessary to process and fulfil your order and will keep this information up to date
- 7.2. You will not create an account on the site for anyone other than yourself without permission and you will not share your account details with anyone else or do anything else to jeopardise the security of your account
- You will notify us of any breaches of these Terms and Conditions or any breach of security of your account by e-mailing us at email@example.com
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny users access to our site or any part of our site without notice (including blocking IP addresses) and to decline to provide the service to any user that is in breach of these terms and conditions of use.
Links to other sites:
- Certain links, including hypertext links, in our site will take you outside our site. Links are provided for your convenience and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval by us of the linked site, its operator or its content. We are not responsible for the content of any website outside our site. Copyright and Trademarks.
Price & Payment:
- The prices payable for the goods and/or services that you order are as set out in our website. If you fail at any time to pay any charges due in accordance with these terms and conditions we may, in our discretion and without prejudice to our other rights, refuse to provide you with our goods and/or services. We need not provide you with advance notice in such circumstances.
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a confirmation.
- Despite our best efforts, sometimes our products may be incorrectly priced. Where there is a discrepancy in price, and the stated price is less than the correct price for the products we will contact you for instructions before delivery or reject your order and notify you of such rejection. Where the stated price is more than the correct price, we will charge you the lower amount when making delivery to you.
- We may use third party payment processing services to process payments through our website and do not make any representation or warranty with regard to their service.
- We have made every effort to make clear whether the quoted prices for items available through our site include any relevant tax and/or duty or do not. Where in any case it is not clear please note before you make an order that you might be required to bear a liability to tax or duty (for example customs duties) imposed by operation of law for shipment to your country that is in addition to the price.
Returns, Refunds & Cancellation
- If you purchase an item you agree that payments made through our website are made at your own risk.
- Orders are unfortunately not able to be cancelled once payment has been processed.
- If you are unhappy for any reason with your purchase, unless they been personalised with bespoke embroidery, they can be returned for a refund provided that the following guidelines are observed.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 working days from receiving your item(s), quoting your order number and request to either refund or exchange. We will then give you full details and instructions on our simple return and exchange process. Past the grace period of 7 days, we cannot offer you a refund.
- You must return the item(s) in the same condition in which you received them, with their original packaging and swing tags still in place. You are asked to take reasonable care with the items and in the case of an item with a hygiene seal, you are required not to remove the seal when examining the item. If your handling or viewing of the item is excessive beyond that reasonably required to ensure that the item functions as expected or you damage the item in any way then the cost will be deducted from the purchase price and we will refund the balance.
- To complete your return or exchange, please return your invoice with your order
- The original shipping fee will not be refunded
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item(s).
- Returns lost in the post are not the responsibility of Gigi & Olive Limited unless you send the parcel tracked and can show that the parcel has been signed for by a Gigi & Olive employee at the office.
- Alternatively, if you wish to exchange your item, subject to stock availability, we will do our best to exchange items.
- If the items were made to your specifications, or are clearly personalised, you will not have the right to a refund or exchange on your order. All custom orders are final and non-returnable. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Once we receive the item back we will assess it and will notify you of whether we are accepting the product for return. A full refund including applicable delivery costs at the lowest reasonable rate offered by us will be processed within 14 days of us receiving the returned items.
- Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted
- We aim to to ship non personalised items within 3 working days
- All items that are made to order or personalised will take longer and vary from product and brand.
- Gigi & Olive own brand items will be shipped within 10 working days.
- There may be specialist items that take longer to make as many of the items we stock are handcrafted and made to order specially. This will be made clear when choosing your products if something has a longer lead time.
- In any event, delivery will be made within 30 days of your order.
- The products are at your risk from the time your delivery is signed for.
- International orders from outside the UK may be subject to the payment of import duties and taxes. You are responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes.
- A delivery fee may be charged in addition to the cost of the goods purchased. The delivery fee in respect of your order with us will be advised to you at the time your order is made.
- All rights in the design, text, graphics, art and other material on our site and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of us, the seller or other third parties. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of our site solely in connection with the acquisition of goods and/or services through our site. Any other use of materials on our site (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and alteration, modification, distribution, or republication) without our prior written permission is strictly prohibited.
- Trade marking for GIGI AND OLIVE and GIGI & OLIVE application has been accepted and was published for opposition purposes in the UK Trade Marks Journal dated 14 June 2019.
- All trade marks, product names and company names or logos used in our site are our property or that of their respective owners. No permission is given by us in respect of the use of any such trade marks, get-up, product names, company names, logos or titles and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder’s rights.
Accuracy and Variations:
- We have taken care with the descriptions and specifications of our products and to reproduce colours and styles accurately on our website, although some variation may occur.
- Items that are handcrafted may vary from product to product.
- We reserve the right at any time without notice to revise the content of our site (including the goods and/or services offered by us) and these terms and conditions. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be posted on our site and by continuing to use our site following any such change you will signify that you agree to be bound by the revised terms and conditions of use.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at Flat 2, 68 Sinclair Road, London W14 0NJ United Kingdom and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from time to time.
Events beyond our control:
- We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods and/or services you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to services delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
Exclusions and limitations:
- You use our website at your own risk.
- We are providing this site on an ‘as is’ basis and make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaim all such representations and warranties.
- We make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- We do not represent or warrant that access to our site, or any part of it will be uninterrupted, reliable or fault free.
- We do not represent or warrant that:
- any goods and/or services (whether or not provided by us) will be provided with due care and skill; or
- any goods and/or services (whether or not provided by us) will be of merchantable quality or will be fit for any purpose (even if that purpose has been previously notified to us).
- We make no representation or warranty that our site is safe to use. You agree to take a reasonable degree of caution in using our website.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability (whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise and whether or not due to our negligence) which we may otherwise have to you as a result of:
- any technical, factual, textual or typographical inaccuracies, errors or omissions on or relating to our site or any information on our site;
- the unavailability of our site (or any part of it), or its services;
- any delay in providing, or failure to provide or make available goods and/or services or any negligent provision of services;
- any services not being of merchantable quality or fit for their intended purpose; or
- any misrepresentation on or relating to our site, the services (other than a fraudulent misrepresentation made by us or on our behalf).
- In no event shall we be liable for any damages and/or losses whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of our website, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, loss of data, loss of income or profits, damages for loss of or damage to property and/or any other damages resulting from use of our website.
- Our maximum liability to you in respect of your use of our site or any services we provide or make available to you through or in relation to our website is limited to the purchase price of the products you purchased.
- None of the exclusions or limitations in these terms and conditions shall exclude or restrict our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence
- section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- None of the above exclusions shall affect any statutory rights which are not capable of being excluded. However, in such case our obligation, where permitted by law, will be limited to the re-supply of our site, or its service to you.
- Each of the above exclusions or limitations shall be construed as a separate, and severable, provision of these terms and conditions.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all loss, liabilities, claims, demands and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) made by any third party that may arise from any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you or through a machine on which you access our website.
Waiver and Invalidity:
- Failure on our part to enforce any part of these Terms and Conditions will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms and Conditions must be made in writing and signed by us.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
Complaints & Disputes:
- In the event of a complaint or dispute then you should raise the matter by emailing our customer support team via email@example.com who will do their utmost to get this resolved quickly.
- If our support team is unable to satisfactorily address the issue then you can escalate the matter by writing to: The Director, Gigi & Olive Limited, Flat 2, 68 Sinclair Road, London, W14 0NJ
Third party rights:
- A person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
Transfer of Business:
- We may freely assign all of our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.